Smoking Cessation: Win by Quitting
The vast majority of smokers want to quit.
Wellness and Recreation Services can help you kick the nicotine habit.
- Click on the following headings for helpful information.
- Quit Smoking Tip Sheet
- Changes your body goes through when you quit smoking
- Non-Smoker Confidence Test
- Recovery Symptoms
- Visit the Wellness Resource Lab, WRC 104, where additional pamphlets and materials are available.
- Contact Kathy Green, (319) 273-6921, for a personal consultation to help
you develop a plan with strategies for quitting. She can also let you know if a Win by Quitting class / support group is scheduled.
- UNI Employees who qualify for UNI health insurance can obtain free nicotine gum or patches with participation in our smoking cessation classes
The Quitline offers 2-weeks of free Nicotine Replacement Therapy (patches or gum) to everyone who calls (except Medicaid clients, who have better benefits).