Employee Victim Assistance

Posted on Wednesday, November 28th, 2012

Incidents of Discrimination and/or Harassment:
An allegation of discrimination and/or harassment against a University employee, vendor, or other third party should be addressed to the Office of Compliance and Equity Management (OCEM) which is located in 117 Gilchrist Hall (319-273-2846).

An allegation against a student should be reported to the Dean of Students and will be resolved through student conduct procedures.  All University employees in a supervisory capacity are required to report to the OCEM, any allegation of discrimination and/or harassment of which they are made aware. Non-supervisory employees are strongly encouraged to report such allegations to any supervisor or directly to the OCEM.  Additional details concerning the reporting and resolution of these complaints are contained in UNI’s Discrimination and Harassment Policy.

Incidents of Sexual Assault, Domestic Violence and Stalking
Employees who have been victims of domestic abuse, sexual assault and/or are strongly encouraged to report the abuse to law enforcement officials and to seek confidential assistance from Riverview Center or Waypoint Services, community-based agencies that provides both advocacy and counseling services.  Counseling services may also be obtained through the Employee Assistance Program (EAP)

If there is an accommodation you need in order to participate in a WRS program or activity, please contact WRC 101 at (319) 273-6275.


Human Dignity

We believe that all people, regardless of their differences, should treat each other with mutual respect and dignity. Diversity and individual rights will be honored and respected.