Take advantage of this free webinar offered to you by the University of Northern Iowa Alumni Association.
Jeffrey Tarter will focus on career management.
The first hundred days of a brand-new job will play a huge role in shaping the success of your whole career. Your on-the-job competence will always be important, of course, but you’ll also have to manage complex work relationships, your personal branding, and the tangible results you deliver. If you fail in these areas, you may be able to recover later—but it’s going to be hard.
Jeffrey Tarter, author of The First Hundred Days, has written the definitive career guide for how to hit the ground running on a new job. In this webinar, he describes five critical “moments of truth” during your first hundred days that you should be well prepared to encounter :
- Your first one-on-one conversation with your boss
- Your first (probably trivial) assignment
- The moment when your team members really begin to trust you
- The first time you’re shocked by the bad behavior of your co-workers
- The moment when you decide you really love—or hate—your new job
Jeff will share expert advice and personal narratives drawn from The First Hundred Days to help you deal with these critical five moments… and to start demonstrating your full potential as a star performer right from Day One.