Each week, volunteers will be sent to a different community agency in order to make a difference at a wide range of places. There are
many needs in the Cedar Valley and most of the local non-profits could not function and provide services without the help of volunteers.
Volunteer Tuesdays is a unique partnership between the Service and Leadership Council and Volunteer Center of Cedar Valley.
Click here for a list of VCCV member agencies.
Examples of the projects UNI students have spent their Tuesdays volunteering:
- Made crafts, played games and talked with residents in area nursing homes.
- At the Grout Museum District’s Sullivan Brothers Iowa Veterans Museum volunteers labeled mailings and put together “dog tag”
- key chains for visitors to the museum to aid in their learning.
- Made a “Pinwheels for Prevention” garden and chalked the sidewalk for Child Abuse Awareness with Family and Children’s Council
- Threw out bad bales of hay and helped transport the good bales into the barn to feed the horses at Aspire Therapeutic Riding Program
- Package meals for low-income families so that children have enough to eat on the weekends and stock the supply room so low-income families can come and get groceries at the Northeast Iowa Food Bank.