Refund Percentages and Grade Assignments
If credit is earned during a period of enrollment, there is no refund of academic fees for that period. For any one-, two-, or three-week session, there is no refund. Room and board refunds are made according to the agreement set out in the Contract for Housing and Dining signed by the student at the time of enrollment.
The effective date of the withdrawal is the date the official Withdrawal Form is completed in the Office of the Registrar.
Students who withdraw completely from all of their classes prior to the first day of instruction for a semester will not pay any tuition for that semester. If any tuition has been paid, it will be refunded in full. After university instruction begins for a semester, tuition charges or refunds will be made in accordance with the schedule set forth in the withdrawal schedules. For example, if a student withdraws during the first week of classes, 10% of the total tuition will be charged; or, if the total tuition has been paid, 90% will be refunded.
Please note that the refund schedule only pertains to a withdrawal (all courses are dropped).
The Manner in Which Refunds Will Be Determined
- Find the date of your withdrawal on the various session refund schedules.
- If you are enrolled in multiple sessions, your refund will follow the schedule for each session in which you are enrolled.
- For example: If you are enrolled in one eight-week class and one mid-June/July six-week class and you withdraw from school on June 25, you would receive a 75 percent refund for your mid-June/July six-week class and no refund for your eight-week class.
- As another example: If you are enrolled in a May four-week class and a mid-June/July six-week class and you withdraw from school on June 15, you would receive no refund for your May four-week class and a full refund for your mid-June/July six-week class.
- As a general rule, if you withdraw from a session in which you are registered since classes have begun for that session, you will be assessed some percentage of the total tuition for that session. If you withdraw from a session in which you are registered prior to classes beginning for that session, you will be accorded a full refund of tuition for that session.
- Workshop fee is not refundable after the workshop class has begun.
- Students receiving financial aid should visit with a counselor in the Office of Student Financial Aid about how dropping a class and/or withdrawing totally from school will impact your financial aid award.