Midterm grade reports are now available in your Student Center. You may view the midterm grades that have been reported by selecting the "Grades" item from the "Other Academic" drop-down box in Student Center. Please note that midterm grade entry is not required of faculty; however, many faculty members do report D and F grades. For step-by-step instructions on viewing grades, click here.
If you receive any D or F midterm grades, it is imperative that you take action. There are a number of things you can do:
- Meet with your instructor to discuss the situation;
- If you believe you can improve your grade, take advantage of the appropriate tutoring resources listed here;
- In some cases, other issues may also affect your grades. To determine if other issues are affecting grades, the Academic Success Assessment may be helpful. The Academic Resources List will also be helpful!
- If you wish to speak with an advisor, please contact the following based upon your major(s):
- College of Business majors: UNIBusiness Advising, CBB 5, 273-2144.
- Athletic Training, Health Promotion & Education, Leisure, Youth & Human Services, Movement & Exercise Science, and Physical Education-Teaching majors contact Academic Advisor:
- Elementary Education, Early Childhood, and Middle Level Education majors: College of Education Advising Center, 189A Schindler Education Center, 319-2751 (Note. Secondary Education majors should consult their departmental faculty advisors).
- All other majors: See your assigned advisor as indicated in your Student Center.
- You may also consider contacting:
- The PAIR in your Residence Hall.
- Your Residence Life Coordinator. You may set up an appointment with the secretary in the Hall Office.
- The Health Center (273-2009).
- The Counseling Center (273-2676).
When considering your academic options, keep in mind that the last day to drop a full-semester course without receiving an "F" grade is Dropping below full-time (i.e., 12 units for undergraduates, and 9 units for graduates) may affect eligibility for financial aid, scholarships, athletics, and car insurance.
It should be noted that faculty are encouraged, but not required, to report midterm D and F grades. If you are not certain about your performance/grade in class, you are encouraged to talk with the instructor as soon as possible.