If you are completing your final degree requirements this semester and plan to have a degree awarded in May, you MUST apply to graduate. A $60.00 Graduation fee will be assessed to your account EACH TIME you apply to graduate.
The deadline to apply to graduate for Spring 2013 is April 1, 2013, in order to have your name included in the commencement program. Applying by this date ensures that you will not be assessed a late Application for Graduation Fee.
The Application for Graduation is completed within your Student Center within MyUNIverse. Below are the steps:
- Log into MyUNIverse. If you have forgotten your password, please contact the Computer Consulting Center to have your password reset.
- Click on the "My Page" tab.
- Within the "Student Center" pagelet, click on the "Go to my Student Center" link.
- Along the left-hand side of the screen, you will see a drop down that says "Other Academic...". Change that to "Apply for Graduation", and then click on the "Go" button (purple circle with two arrows).
- Select the appropriate Program and Plan.
- Follow the directions that are provided, and then submit your application.
You will be able to use the "View My Graduation Status" link to check your status throughout the process. Nothing much will change until AFTER final grades have been posted at the end of the semester, and the Record Analysts have verified that all of the degree requirements have been met during Graduation Check-Out. Graduation Check-Out does take a few days to complete, so please do not be alarmed if your status does not change immediately upon grade submission.