The Proper Care and Custody of Confidential Records Includes:
- Not leaving records on desks or tables where others can see them.
- Securing computer screens so that people who come to your work area cannot see student information.
- Not placing copiers, fax machines, or printers in non-secure locations.
- Disposing of papers that contain private information in a secure way (e.g., shredding).
- Not sharing your personal passwords or system passwords.
- Not distributing grades, transcripts, or degree audits for purposes of advisement in plan view or open mailboxes located in public areas.