RANGE OF SERVICES
Video Production Services records, edits, and makes high-quality one-to-one copies of many kinds of video materials. The UNI community may produce and edit professional video recordings through ITS/ET- Video Production Services. We operate a television recording studio, numerous digital editing suites, an on-location production service, and other supplemental areas. These facilities enable us to produce master tapes and discs in many common formats. High-quality copies in tape, CD, DVD, or digital file formats may then be made from these masters on a one-to-one basis in small quantities; or copies may be made in large-quantities by ITS/ET-Multimedia Distribution or ITS/ET-Production House. We also provide support and assistance for UNI’s Cable Channels and the Cedar Falls City Channels dedicated in part to UNI. The following services are performed as applicable copyright laws allow:
- Assist in the development of program ideas through production planning techniques.
- Make recordings in the ITS/ET TV studio, or in various other locations throughout the campus.*
- Edit video materials providing electronic graphics, special effects, and web compression as needed.*
- Make high-quality copies of video materials on a one-to-one basis.*
Video Production Services makes recordings in the ITS/ET TV studio, and in various other locations around the campus. Call 3-6299 or email: email@example.com.
ITS/ET Recording Areas: ITS/ET- Video Production Services operates a TV studio equipped with lights, and a complex control room. Video Production Services is also able to make television recordings at practically any location on campus by utilizing battery-operated video camcorders or other portable gear. In all the above, we can achieve many levels of technical values from high-quality, industrial grade to classroom standards.
Recording Scheduling: To serve you efficiently and correctly, we are normally only able to consider requests for "simpler" productions that have been received at least one week in advance of the recording date. Special materials, unusual equipment needs, and more complex programming may extend this lead time. Recording arrangements are made through Mr. Marchesani.
Video Production Services edits and makes high-quality copies of video materials. Call 3-6299 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Videotapes may be electronically edited within copyright guidelines. We also make high-quality copies of video materials on a one-to-one basis. These activities are performed on a first-come, first-served schedule. Requests for editing and high-quality, one-to-one copying should be received at least one week in advance. Some jobs will require more lead time depending on their complexity and the current backlog of requests. Editing and one-to-one copying time is scheduled through Mr. Marchesani. Faculty, students, and staff may also have personal tapes edited and copied at a favorable rate.
Many services are free, but some have a charge to help defray costs.
- Key to Costs: Those items in the "Range of Services" with a “*” symbol have an hourly production charge for each student worker assigned to the job. See the ITS/ET website for current rates. Other items listed are free of charge.
- Media Policy: The master copy of a tape or disc is provided free-of-charge if the finished product is available to the university community by being included in the ITS/ET video collection. For other situations, tape costs are charged back to the client.