The Advisory Council provides the Director of Educational Technology with communications from faculty, staff, and students that serve as a guiding force and source of feedback. The communications and feedback are key to maintaining a focus on key issues, setting a path that aligns with needs, and ensuring the allocation of proper resources.
ITS Educational Technology works closely with faculty, staff, and students on teaching and learning technologies along with related methodologies. Fifteen years ago a strategic planning document related to Multimedia Storage, Production, Conferencing, and Distribution (MSPCD) was approved. Most, if not all, of the goals set forth in that document have been achieved at UNI. As the campus continues to move forward in the deployment of tools and creation of learning objects to support electronic delivery of learning content, it is crucial that communications from faculty, staff, and students serve as a guiding force and source of feedback. Good communication and feedback are key to maintaining a focus on key issues, setting a path that aligns with needs, and ensuring the allocation of proper resources.
To provide this, an ITS Educational Technology Advisory Council has been formed to provide advice and recommendations to ITS Educational Technology staff in these endeavors.
- Assist ITS Educational Technology in setting directions and priorities for supporting the use of instructional technologies.
- Recommend planning and development activities related to instructional technologies, ensuring UNI’s Strategic Plan serves as the overall umbrella.
- Identify new instructional technologies to be reviewed and possibly piloted.
- Communicate to and share information with other faculty, staff, and students regarding instructional technology initiatives and directions.
- Assist in evaluating the instructional technology support provided to the campus.
- Attend and participate in Advisory Council meetings twice a year.