Staying healthy is an important part of college life. Having a regular gynecological exam is an essential aspect of responsible and preventative health care. The Center for Disease Control (CDC) recommends annual chlamydia screening for sexually active women under the age of 25. The CDC also recommends that women between the ages of 11 and 26 be vaccinated to prevent cervical cancer caused by Human Papilloma Virus (HPV).
The Student Health Clinic offers a variety of programs specifically on women's health care needs. A female provider can be requested when you make your appointment by phone at (319) 273-2009 .
The Student Health Clinic offers annual gynecological exams and educational information regarding women's health concerns including:
- Breast exams
- Pap smears and routine pelvic exams
- Pregnancy testing and referrals
- Screening, diagnosis, and treatment of STD's and vaginitis
- Abnormal pap follow-up and colposcopy
- Evaluation and treatment of women's health concerns
- Contraceptive counseling, prescription, and management
- HPV vaccinations