The Health Fee is a mandatory fee that is included within UNI tuition. Refer to http://www.uni.edu/tuition/ for more information.
Students who are taking 5 or more credit hours per semester or 3 or more credit hours during the summer are automatically assessed this fee.
The Health fee that is included in tuition:
- Allows student office visits at no cost with a healthcare provider for illness or injury .
- Supports public health initiatives on campus.
- Promotes health activities.
- Subsidizes the cost associated with other services, such as the Counseling Center located on the second floor of the Student Health Clinic.
The Health Fee is intended to complement a student’s individual health insurance coverage. A listing of fees is available at the Student Health Clinic. Fees will be assessed for the following services:
- Yearly physicals
- Annual gynecology physical exams
- Laboratory services
- Pharmacy services
- Immunizations & TB testing
- Allergy injections
- Minor surgery/procedure
The UNI Student Health Clinic will file an insurance claim for services not covered by the Health Fee. We are participating providers with many insurance companies. If you have insurance related questions, please contact your health insurance carrier's customer service number on the back of your insurance card.
Any applicable co-pay and/or deductible will be placed on the student's UNI E-bill. Students are not required to have health insurance to be seen at the UNI Student Health Clinic.