Call (319) 273-2009 to make an appointment. We function
as a general medical clinic and provide evaluation and treatment for
a wide variety of health concerns. We offer routine health exams, illness
or injury evaluations, mental health services, and coordination of care
for chronic medical issues. We can not make an appointment, cancel an appointment,
or answer medical questions via email, please call 319-273-2009 for assistance.
On arrival use the self-check- in stations to register for your appointment.
If you need to update your insurance information check-in with the receptionist
at the front desk. Students should call to cancel their appointment as
we do have a no-show fee.
Requirements & Eligibility
You are eligible to use the Student Health Clinic if you meet any of
the following criteria:
- Registered UNI student taking five or more hours per semester (three
hours or more during the summer).
- Registered UNI student taking less than five hours per semester (less
than three during the summer) who voluntarily pay the student
- Spouse of a registered UNI student who pays the health fee.
- Campus visitor (conference participant, parent, or visiting faculty)
needing urgent care. An office charge will be assessed.
- Faculty/staff may use our services for travel consultations. A charge
will be assessed for an office visit and administered vaccinations.
Please see a full schedule of Student Health Clinic hours as well as after hours
help, Urgent Care facilities and area Emergency Rooms found at www.uni.edu/health/about/hours.
Referral to a medical specialist
If your condition requires referral to a specialist, the Student Health Clinic health care providers will assist you with making those arrangements. Referral services are provided, if indicated to most of the area hospitals, medical specialists. Students are responsible for:
- Contacting their insurance to see if the medical specialist or health facility is participating with their health insurance company.
- Bringing copies of their health insurance cards to their appointment as well as ID such as a UNI ID or driver’s license.
Fees charged by a specialist are independent of the Student Health Clinic. If you have specific questions related to the cost of the visit, you should check with your health insurance company.
International students who have transportation related concerns please see information below.
Transportation Options for International Students to Area Hospitals or Medical Facilities
International students needing transportation to scheduled off-campus medical appointments have the
- Transportation from a trusted friend, roommate, or host family member.
- Transportation to Covenant Hospital appointments.
- Transportation provided by Covenant’s “Caravan”.
Call in advance to schedule: 319-272-5895.
- Transportation to other local medical facilities. (Sartori, Allen, or Cedar Valley Medical
- Taxi (must call to schedule and patient is responsible for the fare)
- Bus (check bus schedules in advance)
Allen Hospital – Route 3, East Green
Sartori Hospital – Route 9, Cedar Falls Loop – Purple Route
Cedar Valley Medical Specialists – Route 1, West Blue
- Transportation by staff of International Students and Scholars Offices.
- Limited to students unable to take public transportation due to physical limitation or per
medical provider recommendation.
- Call 1 business day prior to appointment: 319-273-6421.
- Transportation to medical appointments outside of Cedar Falls/Waterloo area.
- Student must arrange own transportation.
- Transportation due to medical emergency.
- Ambulance transport.
- Cost of ambulance transport will be submitted to student’s health insurance.