UNI eLearning (Blackboard) Mobile Learn Apps
Blackboard has moved to creating persona-based apps to access their Blackboard Learn (UNI eLearning) software. Blackboard will be removing the original mobile app, Mobile Learn, from app stores on December 31, 2016 and support will end on June 30, 2017. The persona-based apps offer a more modern, responsive design that will result in a better experience for end users. Blackboard has released two persona-based mobile apps:
Bb Student App: a powerful app designed specifically for students.
Bb Grader App: a mobile app for iPad devices that provides teachers with a portable solution for reviewing, providing feedback, and grading student submissions to to your Blackboard Learn courses—when and where you have time.
Information and help: https://en-us.help.blackboard.com/Bb_Student
Download the Bb Student app:
- Activity Steam: Shows smart view of prioritized events and actions.
- Assignments & tests: View, complete, and submit assignments and tests.
- Grades & progress: Check grades and academic progress in real time.
Bb Student FAQs: https://en-us.help.blackboard.com/Bb_Student/030_Bb_Student_FAQs
Latest release information: Find out what's new in the latest release of Bb Student by visiting: https://en-us.help.blackboard.com/Bb_Student/Whats_New_in_Bb_Student
If you are intesterested in the differences betwen the Bb Student app and the Mobile Learn app, a comparison is available at: https://en-us.help.blackboard.com/Bb_Student/Compare_Bb_Student_and_Mobile_Learn
This educator-specific mobile app saves time by letting you grade that pile of virtual papers from wherever you are.
Information and help: https://en-us.help.blackboard.com/Bb_Grader
Download the Bb Grader app for iPad: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/bb-grader/id897611355
- Inline viewing of student submissions: Instructors can view a detailed list of all submissions to any assignment and can sort submissions based on a category of information.
- Support for audio-based and video-based feedback: When providing feedback to students, instructors also have the option of using the tablet’s microphone and camera to record audio and feedback.
- Seamless integration with Blackboard Learn: Instructors can select an individual submission from the Submissions Listing page to view a document submitted to the assignment or to view content within the inline Content Editor.
- Stay on top of students’ progress: Bb Grader includes some features from the Blackboard Learn Retention Center: instructors can view a student’s activity using the slide out on any submission listing page.