Simplify your life by dining on campus!
UNI's Dining commitment to quality and service:
- Many of the baked goods are prepared fresh daily in Fresh Beginnings, the UNI bakery.
- Locally grown produce is purchased from nearby farmers when the crops are in season and bountiful.
- Special focus is given to Iowa-grown or manufactured foods.
- Professional chefs are on staff.
- Staff are trained by the Culinary Institute of America, a world-wide, premier culinary college.
- Real milk and eggs are used in all products.
- Time-tested recipes are used for quality and consistency.
- Made-from-scratch philosophy.
- Centralized preparation to provide consistently high quality.
- Cooking-to-order is available.
- Nationally recognized and award-winning professional management team.
- Staff trained in sanitation and safe food handling.
- Nutritional information of menus is offered online.
- A registered, licensed dietitian is on-staff to assist with special dietary needs.
The advantages of having a meal plan:
- Saves time
- Convenience- no need to carry money
- Convenient locations throughout campus
- Fresh food and variety
How Does My Meal Plan Work?
If you're living in a residence hall where a meal plan is required, you'll be able to select a meal plan option when you sign up for your room. If you are living in ROTH, on-campus apartments or off campus, purchase a meal plan online.
Your meals and Dining Dollars are linked to your UNI ID card. Once you sign up, present your UNI ID card at any of our dining locations and go!
Residence Hall Meal Plans
If you live in a on-campus residence hall and are a first-year student, you will be required to have a community meal plan. A community meal plan is a combination of meals and Dining Dollars. Meals can be used at Rialto and Piazza, and Dining Dollars can be used at all on-campus restaurants, convenience stores and food carts.
New transfer students as well as returning students living in residence halls may select from the community meal plans and additional options. Learn more about your meal plans options.
ROTH, Panther Village, Hillside Jennings, and off-campus Plans
If you live in an on-campus suite or apartment, you may select any meal plan option available to residence hall students. In addition, you may create your own customized plan by selecting a Meal Deal and then adding Dining Dollars. Meal Deals are a block of meals that may be eaten at Rialto and Piazza. The meals are available for the entire academic year and can be used for yourself or guests.