Mathematics: Secondary Teaching Emphasis (MA)
Express your interest
Please complete the online interest form on the Overview tab to express your interest in joining a future cohort leading to a Mathematics: Secondary Teaching Emphasis MA. The next cohort is scheduled to begin Summer 2015. We will use the information you provide to send you program updates, including important information about application deadlines.
Apply for admission
We are currently accepting applications for the Summer 2015 cohort. We encourage you to apply for admission to graduate studies through the University of Northern Iowa as soon as possible. Applications will be considered until May 1, 2015.
Former UNI students: The online application requires logging in with your CatID credentials. If you have forgotten your username or passphrase, contact us at CESP-Consult@uni.edu or 800-772-1746 and let us know that you are interested in applying for a Mathematics MA program.
Need help with your UNI application?
- Complete the online Application for Graduate Study (click to open application in a new window)
- Please note that you are applying for admission in the category of Degree Status for Summer 2015.
- The program for which you are applying is Mathematics: Secondary - MA.
- Entrance exams are not required.
- Note that if you have received a degree from UNI, you do not have to pay the non-refundable $50 application fee.
- International students: Please contact Linda Jernigan at email@example.com or 319-273-5925 for specific instructions.
Submit to the Office of Admissions:
- A completed departmental application
- An essay describing your professional goals and your motivation for pursuing the Mathematics: Secondary Teaching Emphasis MA program.
If you have any questions, please contact Deb Blanchard at 319-273-6952 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Submit departmental application materials to:
Office of Admissions
University of Northern Iowa
002 Gilchrist Hall
Cedar Falls, IA 50614-0018
What to expect
When your application for graduate study is complete, you will receive confirmation from UNI Admissions staff that they have received and forwarded your application and transcripts to the Department of Mathematics for review.
The department will review your application materials and contact you about your admission status. Following admission to the program, you will receive information about how to enroll in the first set of courses.
Delivery of the program is contingent on a sufficient number of students being accepted into the program.