Instructional Technology (MA)
This program prepares professionals to be leaders in Instructional Technology in the classroom, district and beyond. Students focus on integrating technology into the classroom and graduates focus on bringing progressive change to Iowa and beyond. Coursework is designed to build skills and develop vision based upon best practices for using technology within the learning environment.
Teacher licensure is not required for program admission.
Build the knowledge to have a vision and the skills to make it happen!
- Designed to engage students in practical activities that can be used in your daily life.
- Build a lifelong network of professional colleagues and study with the same group of adult learners for the duration of the program.
- Designed to prepare our graduates to become Technology Integration Specialists, Master Technology-Using Teachers, Instructional Technology Coordinators, Instructional Designers, Educational Technology Center Staff, Special Education Media Specialists, Area Education Agency Specialists or Community College Instructors/Administrators.
- Dedicated to your learning and hands-on experience as you develop the skills to create a professionally-designed digital portfolio that provides the artifacts and evidence to support your attainment of standards.
- Model digital-age learning and teaching experiences.
- Promote digital citizenship, multiculturalism and ethical behavior in the global culture.
- Challenge students to think beyond the status quo and be change agents for learning.
- Prepare reflective and innovative educators committed to professional growth and life-long learning.
Convenient course delivery
Courses are offered online using eLearning, a Blackboard learning management system requiring Internet access and a web browser. Most courses also meet via interactive video conferencing, with fall and spring sessions held on Tuesday nights. Six-week summer sessions may be held weekdays and may include optional in-person instruction on the UNI campus. While most students encounter very few technical difficulties with our online courses, our team of support specialists is available to assist you as needed.