Master of Arts in Education (MAE) - for teacher leaders in American International Schools
Express your interest
Please complete the online interest form on the Overview tab to express your interest in joining a future MAE for teacher leaders in American International Schools cohort. The Spring 2015 cohort has filled to capacity. We will use the information you provide to send you program updates, including important information about application deadlines as they become available.
Information below remains for reference only. The Spring 2015 cohort is full and is no longer accepting applications. If you would like to be considered for a future cohort, pelase complete the online interest form on the Overview tab.
Apply for admission
We encourage you to apply for admission to graduate studies through the University of Northern Iowa as soon as possible. Applications must be received by March 1, 2015.
Former UNI students: The online application requires logging in with your CatID credentials. If you have forgotten your username or passphrase, contact us at CESP-Consult@uni.edu or 800-772-1746 and let us know that you are interested in applying for the Global MAE program.
Need help with your UNI application?
- Complete the online Application for Graduate Study (click to open application in a new window)
- International students teaching in American International Schools may disregard the "Proof of English Proficiency" requirements at this time. If necessary, such requirements will be addressed on a case-by-case basis.
- Please note that you are applying for admission in the category of Degree Status for Spring 2015.
- The major for which you are applying is Principalship (major code: 268).
- Note that if you have received a degree from UNI, you are not required to pay the $50 application fee ($70 for international students).
- If possible, we prefer that non-UNI graduates please pay by credit card. The application fee will be refunded if enrollment in the program does not meet minimum requirements.
Admissions requirements include:
- Fully completed application form
- Application fee (where applicable)
- A professional resume (emailed to Leigh Martin at Leigh.Martin@uni.edu)
- Two letters of recommendation (one of which must be from a current or former supervisor) (emailed to Leigh Martin at Leigh.Martin@uni.edu)
- Transcripts from highest earned degree (International citizens should have official transcripts mailed to Linda Jernigan, 002 GIL, University of Northern Iowa, Cedar Falls, IA 50614-0018, USA, and U.S. citizens should have official transcripts mailed to Laurie Russell at the same address.)
- If your degree is from the University of Northern Iowa, official transcripts are in our system and do not need to be mailed.
What to expect
When your application for graduate study is complete, you will receive confirmation from UNI Graduate Admissions staff that they have received and forwarded your application and transcripts for departmental review.
The department will review your application materials and contact you about your admission status. Following admission to the program, you will be provided enrollment information as it becomes available.