GISW STAT 3771/5771 Applied Statistical Methods for Research -- 3 unit(s)
Inference about two or more population variances, multiple comparisons, categorical data analysis, linear and logistic regression, design of experiments, analysis of variance and covariance, repeated measures and random effects.
View/download a printable course flyer.
- Course syllabus
- View the course syllabus for more details.
This course is available in an online format, utilizing web pages and eLearning, a learning management system requiring Internet access and a web browser. Students may need access to someone who can assist with computer set-up.
- UNI students: STAT 1774 or STAT 1772; junior standing
- Bachelor of Liberal Studies (BLS) distribution area
- Students working toward their Bachelor of Liberal Studies may apply credit earned in this course to their degree. This Guided Independent Study course is applicable to the Natural Sciences and Mathematics distribution area. Learn more about the BLS degree program.
Mark Ecker, Professor
Ott and Longnecker An Introduction to Statistical Methods and Data Analysis. 2010/6th edition. Duxbury. 0-495-01758-2
University Book and Supply (UBS) carries most books used in GIS courses. Search for textbooks by course choosing "UNIV.NORTHERN IOWA" and the term you are enrolled in and GSW (web) or GSP (print) for the section.
Visit UBS at 1009 West 23rd Street, Cedar Falls, IA 50613
Phone: 319-266-7581 or 800-728-7581, Email: email@example.com
Texts may also be available from www.bookfinder.com.
- To enroll
- Visit the GIS Enrollment page for forms and information.
Or visit us at CEEE 16 on the UNI campus. Campus Map
- For more information
- Guided Independent Study
UNI Continuing and Distance Education
319-273-2123 or 800-772-1746