GISP RELS 1020 Religions of the World -- 3 unit(s)
Living religions with emphasis on texts, beliefs, tradition, values and practices.
View/download a printable course flyer.
This course is currently under development/revision. Join our mailing list to be notified when this course becomes available.
- Course syllabus
- View the course syllabus for more details.
This course is available in a print-based format. Mail completed assignments to the GIS Office. We will forward them to the instructor for grading.
- Liberal Arts Core
- Students who plan to graduate from UNI must complete the Liberal Arts Core (LAC). This Guided Independent Study course is applicable to Category 3. Fine Arts, Literature, Philosophy and Religion - B. Literature, Philosophy or Religion. For details about your LAC, please discuss with your advisor and/or visit www.uni.edu/lac.
- Bachelor of Liberal Studies (BLS) distribution area
- Students working toward their Bachelor of Liberal Studies may apply credit earned in this course to their degree. This Guided Independent Study course is applicable to the Humanities distribution area. Learn more about the BLS degree program.
James Robinson, Associate Professor
Smith, H. The Illustrated World Religions. 1994. Harper Collins.
Breuilly, E. et al. Religions of the World. 1999. Facts on File.
University Book and Supply (UBS) carries most books used in GIS courses. Search for textbooks by course choosing "UNIV.NORTHERN IOWA" and the term you are enrolled in and GSW (web) or GSP (print) for the section.
Visit UBS at 1009 West 23rd Street, Cedar Falls, IA 50613
Phone: 319-266-7581 or 800-728-7581, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Texts may also be available from www.bookfinder.com.
- To enroll
- No new enrollments are being accepted at this time. Join our mailing list to be notified when this course becomes available.
- For more information
- Guided Independent Study
UNI Continuing and Distance Education
319-273-2123 or 800-772-1746