GISW PSYCH 2302 Psychology and Law -- 3 unit(s)
Study of psychological theory and empirical research as it relates to the law. Topics include witness memory, suspect identification, lineup procedures, false confessions, lie detection, juror cognition and jury decision making.
View/download a printable course flyer.
- Course syllabus
- View the course syllabus for more details.
This course is available in an online format, utilizing web pages and eLearning, a learning management system requiring Internet access and a web browser. Students may need access to someone who can assist with computer set-up.
- UNI students: PSYCH 1001
- Bachelor of Liberal Studies (BLS) distribution area
- Students working toward their Bachelor of Liberal Studies may apply credit earned in this course to their degree. This Guided Independent Study course is applicable to the Social Sciences distribution area. Learn more about the BLS degree program.
Heather Peterson, Instructor
Bartol, C. R., & Bartol, A. M. Psychology and Law: Theory, Research, and Application. 2004/3rd edition. Belmont, CA: Wadsworth/Thompson Learning.
Additional Course Materials
* Additional readings may be required. It will be the student's responsibility to obtain these materials as assigned. Suggested Resources: Select websites are provided with each chapter assignment and will direct you to a variety of resources pertinent to the subject matter.
University Book and Supply (UBS) carries most books used in GIS courses. Search for textbooks by course choosing "UNIV.NORTHERN IOWA" and the term you are enrolled in and GSW (web) or GSP (print) for the section.
Visit UBS at 1009 West 23rd Street, Cedar Falls, IA 50613
Phone: 319-266-7581 or 800-728-7581, Email: email@example.com
Texts may also be available from www.bookfinder.com.
- To enroll
- Visit the GIS Enrollment page for forms and information.
Or visit us at CEEE 16 on the UNI campus. Campus Map
- For more information
- Guided Independent Study
UNI Continuing and Distance Education
319-273-2123 or 800-772-1746