GISP PEMES 4217/5217 Organization and Administration of Competitive Sports -- 2 unit(s)
Organization, administration and management of interscholastic, intercollegiate and intramural sports programs.
View/download a printable course flyer.
- Course syllabus
- View the course syllabus for more details.
- Course notes
- The course is a requirement for the Coaching Minor at UNI. The course is normally taken following the sophomore year. It is recommended that the student complete a coaching theory course prior to taking the class.
This course is available in a print-based format. Mail completed assignments to the GIS Office. We will forward them to the instructor for grading.
- UNI students: junior standing
- Bachelor of Liberal Studies (BLS) distribution area
- Students working toward their Bachelor of Liberal Studies may apply credit earned in this course to their degree. This Guided Independent Study course is applicable to the Professional Fields distribution area. Learn more about the BLS degree program.
Donald Erusha, Professor Emeritus
Erusha, D. Athletic Administration for the High School Coach. 4th edition. Pearson Custom Pub.
Additional Course Materials
COURSE PACKETThis course requires that you purchase a course packet. Course packets are available from Copyworks. Call 319-266-2306 to order your course packet over the phone with a credit card. Packets are available electronically or through hard copy.
University Book and Supply (UBS) carries most books used in GIS courses. Search for textbooks by course choosing "UNIV.NORTHERN IOWA" and the term you are enrolled in and GSW (web) or GSP (print) for the section.
Visit UBS at 1009 West 23rd Street, Cedar Falls, IA 50613
Phone: 319-266-7581 or 800-728-7581, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Texts may also be available from www.bookfinder.com.
- To enroll
- Visit the GIS Enrollment page for forms and information.
Or visit us at CEEE 16 on the UNI campus. Campus Map
- For more information
- Guided Independent Study
UNI Continuing and Distance Education
319-273-2123 or 800-772-1746