GISW HPE 4186/5186 Studies in Community and Public Health for the Educator -- 3 unit(s)
Provides an overview of the basic concepts, issues, strategies and specialty areas relevant to the public health field in the U.S. Designed for educators pursuing their Iowa Secondary Health Education Teaching Endorsement. Assignments and content are crafted to provide teachers with information and resources that can immediately be put to use in the health education classroom.
View/download a printable course flyer.
- Course syllabus
- View the course syllabus for more details.
- Course notes
- Course credit may be applied to the Iowa School Health Education Teaching Endorsement (Required Category: Public or Community Health).
This course is available in an online format, utilizing web pages and eLearning, a learning management system requiring Internet access and a web browser. Students may need access to someone who can assist with computer set-up.
- Bachelor of Liberal Studies (BLS) distribution area
- Students working toward their Bachelor of Liberal Studies may apply credit earned in this course to their degree. This Guided Independent Study course is applicable to the Professional Fields distribution area. Learn more about the BLS degree program.
Susan Roberts-Dobie, Associate Professor
Schneider, M. J. Introduction to Public Health. 2014/4th edition. Burlington, MA: Jones and Bartlett.
University Book and Supply (UBS) carries most books used in GIS courses. Search for textbooks by course choosing "UNIV.NORTHERN IOWA" and the term you are enrolled in and GSW (web) or GSP (print) for the section.
Visit UBS at 1009 West 23rd Street, Cedar Falls, IA 50613
Phone: 319-266-7581 or 800-728-7581, Email: email@example.com
Texts may also be available from www.bookfinder.com.
- To enroll
- Visit the GIS Enrollment page for forms and information.
Or visit us at CEEE 16 on the UNI campus. Campus Map
- For more information
- Guided Independent Study
UNI Continuing and Distance Education
319-273-2123 or 800-772-1746