GISW HPE 2160 Medical Terminology -- 2 unit(s)
Basic terminology and vocabulary used in medical field; structural organization of the body, major anatomy, medical procedures and instrumentation and medical specialties.
View/download a printable course flyer.
- Course syllabus
- View the course syllabus for more details.
- Course notes
- Course credit may be applied to the Iowa School Health Education Teaching Endorsement (Elective Course).
This course is available in an online format, utilizing web pages and eLearning, a learning management system requiring Internet access and a web browser. Students may need access to someone who can assist with computer set-up.
- Bachelor of Liberal Studies (BLS) distribution area
- Students working toward their Bachelor of Liberal Studies may apply credit earned in this course to their degree. This Guided Independent Study course is applicable to the Professional Fields distribution area. Learn more about the BLS degree program.
Susan Roberts-Dobie, Associate Professor
Stanfield, P., Hui, Y. H., & Cross, N. Essential Medical Terminology. 2008/3rd edition. Boston: Jones and Bartlett Publishers.
Additional Course Materials
Recommended, but not required, for this course is a good medical dictionary, such as Stedman's Medical Dictionary or Donald's Illustrated Medical Dictionary.
University Book and Supply (UBS) carries most books used in GIS courses. Search for textbooks by course choosing "UNIV.NORTHERN IOWA" and the term you are enrolled in and GSW (web) or GSP (print) for the section.
Visit UBS at 1009 West 23rd Street, Cedar Falls, IA 50613
Phone: 319-266-7581 or 800-728-7581, Email: email@example.com
Texts may also be available from www.bookfinder.com.
- To enroll
- Visit the GIS Enrollment page for forms and information.
Or visit us at CEEE 16 on the UNI campus. Campus Map
- For more information
- Guided Independent Study
UNI Continuing and Distance Education
319-273-2123 or 800-772-1746