GISW FAM SERV 1020 Family Relationships -- 3 unit(s)
Understanding contemporary families as they exist in their cultural context. Exploration of how families change and adapt to normative and non-normative challenges. Application of family theory and current research in order to understand family dynamics.
View/download a printable course flyer.
- Course syllabus
- View the course syllabus for more details.
- Course notes
- Course credit may be applied to the Iowa School Health Education Teaching Endorsement (Elective Course).
This course is available in an online format, utilizing web pages and eLearning, a learning management system requiring Internet access and a web browser. Students may need access to someone who can assist with computer set-up.
- Bachelor of Liberal Studies (BLS) distribution area
- Students working toward their Bachelor of Liberal Studies may apply credit earned in this course to their degree. This Guided Independent Study course is applicable to the Professional Fields distribution area. Learn more about the BLS degree program.
Elaine Eshbaugh, Associate Professor
Olson, D. H., DeFrain, J., & Skogrund, L. Marriages & families: Intimacy, diversity, and strengths. 2007/6th edition. Boston: McGraw Hill.
Additional Course Materials
COURSE PACKETThis course requires that you purchase a course packet. Course packets are available from Copyworks. Call 319-266-2306 to order your course packet over the phone with a credit card. Packets are available electronically or through hard copy.
University Book and Supply (UBS) carries most books used in GIS courses. Search for textbooks by course choosing "UNIV.NORTHERN IOWA" and the term you are enrolled in and GSW (web) or GSP (print) for the section.
Visit UBS at 1009 West 23rd Street, Cedar Falls, IA 50613
Phone: 319-266-7581 or 800-728-7581, Email: email@example.com
Texts may also be available from www.bookfinder.com.
- To enroll
- Visit the GIS Enrollment page for forms and information.
Or visit us at CEEE 16 on the UNI campus. Campus Map
- For more information
- Guided Independent Study
UNI Continuing and Distance Education
319-273-2123 or 800-772-1746