GISW ECON 1031 Introduction to Economics -- 3 unit(s)
Overview of economics, including how a market system functions and how national income, output and employment are determined. Primary focus (though not exclusively) on U.S. economy.
View/download a printable course flyer.
- Course syllabus
- View the course syllabus for more details.
- Course notes
- May not be used for credit on College of Business Administration majors or minors.
This course is available in an online format, utilizing web pages and eLearning, a learning management system requiring Internet access and a web browser. Students may need access to someone who can assist with computer set-up.
- UNI students: No credit for students who have credit or are concurrently enrolled in ECON 1041 or ECON 1051.
- Liberal Arts Core
- Students who plan to graduate from UNI must complete the Liberal Arts Core (LAC). This Guided Independent Study course is applicable to Category 5. Social Science - B. Individual and Institutional Perspectives. For details about your LAC, please discuss with your advisor and/or visit www.uni.edu/lac.
- Bachelor of Liberal Studies (BLS) distribution area
- Students working toward their Bachelor of Liberal Studies may apply credit earned in this course to their degree. This Guided Independent Study course is applicable to the Social Sciences distribution area. Learn more about the BLS degree program.
Bulent Uyar, Associate Professor
Rohlf, W. D., Jr. Introduction to Economic Reasoning. 1999. Addison Wesley.
Additional Course Materials
It is also suggested that you begin to read newspapers and magazines on a regular basis (30 minutes per day). The Wall Street Journal, Newsweek and The Economist are good resources.
University Book and Supply (UBS) carries most books used in GIS courses. Search for textbooks by course choosing "UNIV.NORTHERN IOWA" and the term you are enrolled in and GSW (web) or GSP (print) for the section.
Visit UBS at 1009 West 23rd Street, Cedar Falls, IA 50613
Phone: 319-266-7581 or 800-728-7581, Email: email@example.com
Texts may also be available from www.bookfinder.com.
- To enroll
- Visit the GIS Enrollment page for forms and information.
Or visit us at CEEE 16 on the UNI campus. Campus Map
- For more information
- Guided Independent Study
UNI Continuing and Distance Education
319-273-2123 or 800-772-1746