GISW CRIM 3319/5319 Victimology -- 3 unit(s)
Sociological investigation of institutional, economic, family and personal victimization in American society with special attention to the causes and processes of exploitation.
View/download a printable course flyer.
This course is currently under development/revision. Join our mailing list to be notified when this course becomes available.
- Course syllabus
- View the course syllabus for more details.
This course is available in an online format, utilizing web pages and eLearning, a learning management system requiring Internet access and a web browser. Students may need access to someone who can assist with computer set-up.
- UNI students: junior standing
- Bachelor of Liberal Studies (BLS) distribution area
- Students working toward their Bachelor of Liberal Studies may apply credit earned in this course to their degree. This Guided Independent Study course is applicable to the Social Sciences distribution area. Learn more about the BLS degree program.
Gayle Rhineberger-Dunn, Associate Professor
Doerner, W. G., & Lab, S. P. Victimology. 2005/4th edition. Cincinnati, OH: Anderson/Lexis Nexis. 1-59345-969-6
Moriarty, L. J. Controversies in Victimology. 2003. Cincinnati, OH: Anderson. 1-58360-511-8
University Book and Supply (UBS) carries most books used in GIS courses. Search for textbooks by course choosing "UNIV.NORTHERN IOWA" and the term you are enrolled in and GSW (web) or GSP (print) for the section.
Visit UBS at 1009 West 23rd Street, Cedar Falls, IA 50613
Phone: 319-266-7581 or 800-728-7581, Email: email@example.com
Texts may also be available from www.bookfinder.com.
- To enroll
- No new enrollments are being accepted at this time. Join our mailing list to be notified when this course becomes available.
- For more information
- Guided Independent Study
UNI Continuing and Distance Education
319-273-2123 or 800-772-1746