GISW CAP 3140 Environment, Technology and Society -- 2 unit(s)
Emphasis on relationships and interactions of physical, biological, technological, and cultural components of environment. Study of selected interdisciplinary problems. Elaborates on student's previous university experience and develops environmental literacy.
View/download a printable course flyer.
- Course syllabus
- View the course syllabus for more details.
This course is available in an online format, utilizing web pages and eLearning, a learning management system requiring Internet access and a web browser. Students may need access to someone who can assist with computer set-up.
- Prerequisite(s): student must have satisfied university entrance requirements in English and Mathematics; completion of both Liberal Arts Core Life Sciences and Physical Sciences requirements; junior standing.
- Liberal Arts Core
- Students who plan to graduate from UNI must complete the Liberal Arts Core (LAC). This Guided Independent Study course is applicable to Category 6. Capstone Experience. For details about your LAC, please discuss with your advisor and/or visit www.uni.edu/lac.
- Bachelor of Liberal Studies (BLS) distribution area
- Students working toward their Bachelor of Liberal Studies may apply credit earned in this course to their degree. This Guided Independent Study course is applicable to the Natural Sciences and Mathematics distribution area. Learn more about the BLS degree program.
Ali Kashef, Professor
Sharp, Z. Annual Editions: Environment 11/12. 2011. Dushkin/McGraw-Hill Publishing. 0-07-351558-8
There is a companion website for the textbook that contains a practice quiz, table of contents, and internet reference resources. Please feel to use this resource if you wish.
University Book and Supply (UBS) carries most books used in GIS courses. Search for textbooks by course choosing "UNIV.NORTHERN IOWA" and the term you are enrolled in and GSW (web) or GSP (print) for the section.
Visit UBS at 1009 West 23rd Street, Cedar Falls, IA 50613
Phone: 319-266-7581 or 800-728-7581, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Texts may also be available from www.bookfinder.com.
- To enroll
- Visit the GIS Enrollment page for forms and information.
Or visit us at CEEE 16 on the UNI campus. Campus Map
- For more information
- Guided Independent Study
UNI Continuing and Distance Education
319-273-2123 or 800-772-1746