Elementary Education (MAE)
Offered entirely online, the Elementary Education MAE program is designed for K-6 classroom teachers with licensure in the field of elementary education. This program supports faculty-guided teacher research on relevant issues within your classroom context.
New cohort program to begin Fall 2017
- Designed for K–6 elementary classroom teachers with licensure in the field of elementary education
- Supports faculty-guided teacher research on relevant issues within your classroom context throughout the course sequence
- Courses are designed using the Quality Matters set of professional standards based upon research, best practices and national standards for course design.
- Includes courses addressing curriculum issues, literacy, mathematics, science, social studies and action research
- Delivered on a cohort basis beginning every other fall and completed in five consecutive semesters (fall, spring, summer, fall, spring; six hours of credit each semester)
- Aligned with the National Board for Professional Teaching Standards
Convenient course delivery
Courses are offered online using eLearning, a Blackboard learning management system requiring Internet access and a web browser. While most students encounter very few technical difficulties with our online courses, our team of support specialists is available to assist you as needed.
Read detailed program information from the UNI Department of Curriculum & Instruction, including program goals and professional competencies.
What students are saying
"I feel more confident when I'm talking now — I have a little bit of UNI standing behind me." -Rebecca Petersen, Elementary Education MAE 2013 graduate