Elementary Education (MAE)
- Designed for PK–6 elementary classroom teachers with licensure in the field of elementary education
- Offered entirely online in cooperation with UNI Continuing and Distance Education and the UNI Department of Curriculum and Instruction. Courses in the program are offered using eLearning, a Blackboard learning management system requiring Internet access and a web browser. While most students encounter very few technical difficulties with our online courses, our team of support specialists is available to assist you as needed.
- Supports faculty-guided teacher research on relevant issues within your classroom context throughout the course sequence
- Courses are designed using the Quality Matters set of professional standards based upon research, best practices and national standards for course design.
- Includes courses addressing curriculum issues, technology, literacy, mathematics, science, social studies and action research
- Delivered on a cohort basis beginning every other fall and completed in five consecutive semesters (fall, spring, summer, fall, spring; six hours of credit each semester)
- Aligned with the National Board for Professional Teaching Standards
Read detailed program information from the UNI Department of Curriculum & Instruction, including program goals and professional competencies.
What students are saying
"I feel more confident when I'm talking now — I have a little bit of UNI standing behind me." -Rebecca Petersen, 2011 Elementary Education MAE cohort participant