2+2 Elementary Education (BA)
Step one: Express your interest
Please complete the online interest form on the Overview tab to express your interest in joining a 2+2 Elementary Education BA cohort. The next cohort is tentatively scheduled to begin Spring 2017 in cooperation with Des Moines Area Community Colleges at the Boone, Ankeny, and Carroll locations.
Please note: 2+2 students are expected to complete an Associate of Arts (AA) degree at a local community college to satisfy UNI Liberal Art Core requirements.
Step two: Apply for admission
We encourage you to apply for admission to the University of Northern Iowa as soon as possible. We are currently accepting applications for students wishing to join the new cohort beginning Spring 2017.
Former UNI students: The online application requires logging in with your CatID credentials. If you have forgotten your username or passphrase, contact us at CESP-Consult@uni.edu or 800-772-1746 and let us know that you are interested in applying for the 2+2 Elementary Education BA program.
Need help with your UNI application?
Contact us at 800-648-3864 or Distance@uni.edu for assistance.
- Complete the online Application for Admission (click to open application in a new window)
- Please note the following while completing the application:
- On the first screen, you are applying for admission as an Undergraduate transfer student.
- On the second screen, choose the third option when asked to select the statement that best describes your situation, "I am a transfer student and plan to take part in the distance learning, off campus UNI 2+2 Elemenary Education program."
- The program for which you are applying is Elementary Education: Teaching - BA in Spring 2017.
- Entrance exams are not required.
- Note that if you have received a degree from UNI, you do not have to pay the non-refundable $40 application fee.
- This program is subject to minimum enrollment requirements. If enrollment requirements are not met, the application fee will be refunded.
- International students: Please contact Linda Jernigan at email@example.com or 319-273-5925 for specific instructions.
What to expect
Within one week of submitting your complete application, you will be notified by UNI Admissions staff of your official acceptance and you may be invited to sign up for an orientation session. Please note that as a distance education student, you will not attend this on-campus orientation. Instead, you will complete an online process for requesting enrollment in your courses. We will contact you with specific details and enrollment information.
Delivery of the program is contingent on a sufficient number of students being accepted into the program.