Why do assessment? Let us count the ways . . .
- Improve student learning.
- Identify specific areas for program/course development.
- Strengthen courses and curricula.
- Define connections between program and course outcomes.
- Set benchmarks for student performance.
- Increase student motivation.
- Gain ideas and information to assist with student advising.
- Encourage faculty conversation and dialogue.
- Satisfy curiosities and answer questions.
- Investigate teaching methods and strategies.
- Document student achievements.
- Recognize faculty successes.
- Celebrate accomplishments.
- Collect information to attract potential students.
- Create a track record of program growth and development.
- Analyze and respond to trends.
- Enhance strategic planning.
- Gather data to support budget proposals.
- Strengthen decision making processes.
- Develop resources that could help with grant applications.
Click here for a handout for this page.