The McNair Scholars Program is dedicated to preserving Ronald McNair's legacy of scholarship and accomplishments. McNair Scholars Programs are funded by the US Department of Education's Ronald E. McNair Post-Baccalaureate Achievement Program as part of the Federal TRIO Programs which include the McNair Scholars Program, Student Support Services and Upward Bound.
The Ronald E. McNair Post Baccalaureate Achievement Program (McNair Scholars Program) is designed to prepare participants for doctoral studies through involvement in research and other scholarly activities. McNair participants are from disadvantaged backgrounds and have demonstrated strong academic potential. The goal is to increase the attainment of Ph.D. degrees by students from underrepresented segments of society.
The McNair Scholars Program is a multi-semester, experiential graduate school preparation program designed to inform, support and motivate eligible students wishing to pursue a doctoral-level degree. McNair provides an academically challenging and socially supportive environment to assist students in building their repertoire of knowledge and skills needed to interpret and access the professional graduate education culture.
HOW TO APPLY?
To apply, please visit the How to Apply page.
- Our END OF SUMMER newsletter is out! See the Publications webpage to learn more.
- SRI (Summer Research Internship) finished on August 1! Brittnie Dotson and Vanessa Espinoza were our students participating. Read more about these students and their research on our SRI Participants webpage!
- Congratulations to Brittnie Dotson for completing her research and presenting at UNI's 2014 Summer Undergraduate Research Symposium on 8/1.
- Interested in speakers coming to campus this Fall? Check out the CME's speakers here.
- Check out our NEW Events and Conferences webpage to find upcoming regional events and links to National McNair events.