The McNair Scholars Program is dedicated to preserving Ronald McNair's legacy of scholarship and accomplishments. McNair Scholars Programs are funded by the US Department of Education's Ronald E. McNair Post-Baccalaureate Achievement Program as part of the Federal TRIO Programs which include the McNair Scholars Program, Student Support Services and Upward Bound.
The Ronald E. McNair Post Baccalaureate Achievement Program (McNair Scholars Program) is designed to prepare participants for doctoral studies through involvement in research and other scholarly activities. McNair participants are from disadvantaged backgrounds and have demonstrated strong academic potential. The goal is to increase the attainment of Ph.D. degrees by students from underrepresented segments of society.
The McNair Scholars Program is a multi-semester, experiential graduate school preparation program designed to inform, support and motivate eligible students wishing to pursue a doctoral-level degree. McNair provides an academically challenging and socially supportive environment to assist students in building their repertoire of knowledge and skills needed to interpret and access the professional graduate education culture.
How to Apply?
To apply, please visit the How to Apply page.
- Congratulations to our McNair Scholar Walter Abrego on winning a Diversity Matters Award!
- Our first seminar will be Wednesday, January 28 at 3:30pm. Meet in ITTC 7.
- Want to learn more about networking, attending conferences, or job searching? Check out the Graduate College's Professional Development Series!
- Want to know about what our scholars are up to? Read our latest newsletter, "Telemetry" to learn more.
- Looking for summer research opportunities? Check out our Fellowships and Summer Research Programs webpage. Listings are added weekly!