The McNair Scholars Program is dedicated to preserving Ronald McNair's legacy of scholarship and accomplishments. McNair Scholars Programs are funded by the US Department of Education's Ronald E. McNair Post-Baccalaureate Achievement Program as part of the Federal TRIO Programs which include the McNair Scholars Program, Student Support Services and Upward Bound.
The Ronald E. McNair Post Baccalaureate Achievement Program (McNair Scholars Program) is designed to prepare participants for doctoral studies through involvement in research and other scholarly activities. McNair participants are from disadvantaged backgrounds and have demonstrated strong academic potential. The goal is to increase the attainment of Ph.D. degrees by students from underrepresented segments of society.
The McNair Scholars Program is a multi-semester, experiential graduate school preparation program designed to inform, support and mot/ivate eligible students wishing to pursue a doctoral-level degree. McNair provides an academically challenging and socially supportive environment to assist students in building their repertoire of knowledge and skills needed to interpret and access the professional graduate education culture.
HOW TO APPLY?
To apply, please visit the How to Apply page.
- On October 29th McNair will be hosting a Meet and Greet for students interested in the program. Click here for details.
- The Graduate College is hosting an Open House on November 5 from 5-7pm. RSVP here.
- Want to know about what our scholars are up to? Read our latest newsletter, "Telemetry" to learn more.
- Interested in speakers coming to campus this Fall? Check out the CME's speakers here.
- Visit our NEW Events and Conferences webpage to find upcoming regional events and links to National McNair events.