VIDEO EXAMPLES RELATED TO CLASS
Your mission is to keep your eye out for educational programs, news items, investigative reports etc. on television which would help to educate others about class topics. Tape the show or segment (tape will be returned) and evaluate the piece using the following:
1. What is covered in the show/segment? How much detail is provided?
2. How valuable/educational is the information provided?
Why do you think it would be worth showing to our class?
How and where does it fit with the information provided in our text?
3. Source (the show, the channel, the experts, etc.)
4. What is the authority or expertise of the individual(s) or group(s)?
5. Is any sort of bias evident?