CRITERION II: Resources
Structures at the University of Northern Iowa
Various documents relating to the University's organizational structure are available at http://www.uni.edu/infosys/administration.shtml.
Policies and Procedures
The University of Northern Iowa's policies and procedures are clearly defined and accessible. During the past year, the University's Policy Review Committee has been reviewing and modifying, as appropriate, all University-wide policies, which are now available via the Web (http://www.uni.edu/pres/policies/). The policies and procedures of the Board of Regents, applicable at all three Iowa Regent universities, are also available electronically (http://www2.state.ia.us/regents/). These policies and the processes by which they are amended contribute to the stability and collegiality of the University.
Stability in Change
The following changes have occurred in the last ten years at the senior administrative level:
1. President Robert D. Koob became the eighth President of UNI in 1995, replacing Constantine Curris, who assumed the presidency at Clemson University, South Carolina.
2. Provost Aaron Podolefsky, former Dean of the College of Social and Behavioral Sciences, was named interim Provost and Vice President for Academic Affairs (1998-1999), and assumed the permanent position in 1999 following a national search. He replaced former VP for Academic Affairs and Provost, Nancy Marlin, who left UNI to become Provost and VP for Academic Affairs at San Diego State University.
3. The VP for Educational and Student Services, Renee Romano, assumed her present position in 1999 after a national search, to replace Sue Follon, who passed away.
4. The Associate VP for University Advancement, William Calhoun, replaced Joe Mitchell, who became Senior VP for Development & Planning at Marshall University, West Virginia.
5. Since November 1, 2000, Eunice Dell has served as interim VP for Administration and Finance, replacing John Conner who left UNI to take an equivalent position at the University of Illinois in Springfield.
Except for the President, himself an alumnus, the current senior administrators come to their positions with previous career experience at this institution. Therefore, despite a number of changes at the top level of administration, there is considerable stability and continuity in the senior administrative positions.
Organizational charts for various administrative and academic divisions of UNI are provided in Appendix B.
Dr. Aaron Podolefsky, Provost and Vice President for Academic Affairs
Dr. Renee Romano, Vice President for Educational and Student Services
Ms. Eunice Dell, Interim Vice President for Administration and Finance
Mr. William Calhoun, Vice President for University Advancement
Dr. Patricia Geadelmann, Executive Assistant to the President/Director of External Relations
Ms. Carol Bodensteiner, Special Assistant to the President/Marketing
Last Modified: 02/14/01