MEMORANDUM OF AGREEMENT
This Memorandum of Agreement is entered into between the State of Iowa, Board
of Regents/University of Northern Iowa, hereafter referred to as the
"Board" and the UNI-United Faculty, hereafter referred to as
"United Faculty" as follows:
1. The Board and the United Faculty are parties to a Master Agreement
covering the period July 1, 19999, through June 30,2001.
2. The parties have agreed to place language relating to College and
University Committees in this Memorandum of Agreement and delete the items
from Article Three of the Master Agreement.
3. Accordingly, the parties agree that the following provisions shall
remain in full force and effect for the term of this contract.
A. College Committee
Each college may have a college advisory committee consisting of one member
from each Professional Assessment Committee to advise the Dean on Tenure,
Promotion, and Retention recommendations. The college advisory committee shall
be convened after the departmental Professional Assessment Committee and head
have submitted their reports. Members of the college advisory committee shall
be appointed by the Dean from a slate of 2 candidates submitted by the PAC in
B. University Committee
1) The Provost may have a University advisory committee consisting of one
member from each college. The members of the Provost's University advisory
committee shall be selected by the Provost from the slate of candidates
submitted by the PACs.
2) The parties agree that librarians shall have a member on the University
4. This Memorandum of Agreement shall be in effect and binding on the parties
for the period July 1, 1999, through June 30, 2001.
Executive Director Board of Regents
Charles E. Quirk
President and Chief Negotiator United Faculty
Chair, United Faculty