ARE YOU STUDYING HARD BUT NOT HAPPY WITH YOUR GRADES?
Effective Study Strategies is a four-week course for
those who want to learn more productive ways of studying. The learning
strategies offered in these classes--applicable to a variety of academic
courses-- include notetaking, textbook reading strategies, and four different
test preparation strategies, among others.
Last year, students had this to say about Effective Study Strategies:
- "I learned how to study in different ways for different courses.
I used to use one study method for everything, and that didn't work
- "This course helped me feel better when it came to taking tests.
I learned the difference between college level and high school level
tests, which helps me to know what to study."
- "Everything I learned in this class was helpful, and I will probably
use all of (the strategies) at some point this year."
- "Previewing has helped save time and makes reading seem less
- "I'm glad that I learned about previewing and that I got to listen
to other students and how they study and prepare for tests."
here to register for a four-week Effective Study Strategies class.
If you prefer, you can visit Academic Learning Center, 008 (ITTC) Innovative
Teaching and Technology Center (M-F 8:00-5:00) to register for a course,
or telephone during office hours at 273-2361.