Weekly Memo 9/9/11
Due to changes in the Student Information System, we're unable to email the whole department this week. Please find the weekly memo below.
DEPARTMENT OF THEATRE
WEEKLY MEMO: 9/09/2011
WHY SO LATE WITH THE MEMO?!!
Well, the gods of e-mail smote us with totally empty major address lists last Friday. Offerings have been made, but so far the lists normally provided to us by the e-mail deity are barren, empty shells.
WHY SUCH A NON-GREEN WAY TO GET THIS INFO OUT? WE JUST DID URINETOWN FOR PETE’S SAKE…
Well, if enough people see these laying around enough places in the theatre AND they tell all their friends, these important things (down there) might just get to the people who need the info. Here we go:
Monday- 3 days from now! We will gather as many of us as possible in the BMT at 2:00 PM to hear our fabulous Guest Artist Susan Schuld tell us about her rich background before coming here. She’s had some great experiences, and it’s always good to hear how someone got to where they are.
That goes for summer theatre work too. During Week 1 several students who had just returned from productive and interesting summer work gathered to share their experiences. We want as many of our students as possible to get that type of experience. We won’t have time in Monday’s meeting to re-cap their reports, but some of those people will talk about how they landed their jobs. One thing they all agreed on in Week 1 was that early applications for summer work were the way to go.
- the ongoing season selection process- directors and pod members will talk about what titles they’re looking at
- Senior Project: eligibility for submitting proposals and application deadlines
- Reports from the student organizations
THANK YOU RICHARD FOR AGREEING TO RELEASE STYLES STUDENTS!
THANK YOU RON AND AMY FOR PAUSING THE STUDIO WORK SO WE CAN COME TOGETHER AS A PROGRAM!
Late last week- right before we lost our mass e-mail capability, in fact- we got everyone registered into the proper section of Practicum or Theatre Production. If you have looked at your schedule and see that something has been added- LEAVE IT THERE. If you have any questions about what’s been added, the number of hours, or your responsibility PLEASE ask myself, Traci or Tange.
- The deadline for Spring 2012 UNISTA projects (First Applications) is November 7, 2011. (This semester!) This is early deadline is because of the spring semester's tight schedule. Our first production slot is mid-January. Applications are available online at www.UNISTAonline.org.
- The deadline for 10-Minute Play Festival submissions is December 17, 2011. More info coming soon!