Epsilon Pi Tau
- Employment Opportunities - Companies give added consideration to honor society members who have already demonstrated that they have something extra.
- Leadership Opportunities - Employers look for signs of potential leadership characteristics among students they interview.
- Professional Advancement - Epsilon Pi Tau membership has been proudly noted on resumes for over 80 years.
- Publications - Active members receive two issues of the EPT newsletter The Preceptor, and one issue of The Journal of Technology Studies annually.
- Website - Members only access to the Epsilon Pi Tau website.
- Awards - Eligibility to compete for scholarships such as the W.E. Warner Awards, the Jerry Streichler Research Center, and the Hiser Publication award.
Join Today & Be Recognized
With more than 100,000 members inducted since its founding in 1929, Epsilon Pi Tau is the premier academic and professional honors group for technology programs in higher education, workforce development programs, and professionals in practice. Undergraduate students, graduate students, and faculty members are eligible to join Epsilon Pi Tau through their local Epsilon Pi Tau chapter if they meet the criteria outlined below.
Students in a relevant technology-related course sequence or in an approved major and are second semester sophomores, juniors, or seniors will be considered if they:
- Complete at least 16 semester hours or 24 quarter hours in the major or relevant course sequence
- Rank within the upper 35% of your class AND have at least a 3.00 overall GPA
- Have at least 3.25 GPA in technology courses
Complete at least nine semester hours with a minimum overall cumulative GPA of 3.3 in all graduate courses with no incompletes in courses prescribed for the degree.
Faculty and professionals in the private sector, government, and education not covered in the preceding standards may be considered for membership on the basis of a legitimate interest in technology providing they meet other academic and professional performance criteria and will present documented experiences or accomplishments relevant to Epsilon Pi Tau interests and evidence of talent and leadership abilities that support their potential to lead, practice, foster and encourage the ideals of Epsilon Pi Tau.