Department of Technology
- Design and development of a Computer Monitored Fluorescent Lighting Display Sponsored by Cooper Lighting Lab, Chicago, $25,000
- Design and Installation of a Wind Energy Data Collection System for Waverly & Sprit Lake Wind Gen. Sites, Sponsored by Midwest Energy Program, $25,000
- Design and Conversion of a Conveyor Control to PLC, sponsored by IBP, Waterloo, IA
- Solar Electric Boat Design and attending International Solar Splash 99 Race: Brent Maitland, Marty Topping, Ayman ElSawy, $12,000, Sponsors: Iowa Energy Center, Siemens Solar, UNI Dept. of Industrial Technology, CFU, CNS Dean's SOAR Award.
- Chris Elder: Converting of an old style manual control of a grinder machine to PLC control in power eng. Manufacturing Corp.
- Clair Franzen, Mike Frank, Aaron Wood: Redesign of a Rockwell Power Distribution panel, Sponsored by Rockwell-Collins, Inc.