Pedal Powered Canoe
By: Cory Cvrk, Denny Duello (entrepreneur, Vinton, Iowa) and Dr. R. Pecen.
In design and implementation of a pedal powered canoe:
- Fixture must be lightweight.
- Fixture must harness rotary leg motion in the confines of the canoe.
- Fixture must afford single handed steering.
- Fixture must be portable.
With the following design outcomes:
- Lightweight bicycle tubing used for frame.
- Bicycle mechanisms transmit power.
- A rudder provides steering.
- Fixture is clamped into and out of canoe.
Design and construct a fixture that would enable physically disabled persons to enjoy canoeing.
Pedal Powered Canoeing enables an alternative means of powering a canoe which adapts the canoe to the person.
Cost reduction methods resulted in budget savings.
Project completed on time.