“The mission of the Electrical Engineering Technology Program at the University of Northern Iowa is to foster Engineering Technology professionals through quality and application oriented breadth of education and experience to contribute to the advancement of Electrical Engineering Technology in support of Hardware, Software, and Systems Engineering.” (Approved, January 29, 2010).
- EET will serve for the proposed Network Information Systems (BS in NIS) and Software Engineering (BS in SE) majors as beginning Fall 2004. (Courses needed by these new majors: TECH1037, TECH1039, TECH2041, TECH2042, TECH3152, TECH3156, TECH4103, TECH4104)
- EET Program targets to update all existing Articulation Agreements with Iowa Community Colleges
- EET will continue to serve Computer Science, Physics, Technology Education, Technology Management, Construction Management, and Manufacturing Technology majors to offer power technology, circuits, introductory analog/digital electronics, fluid power, electrical power and machinery, PLCs courses.
- Senior Design Projects have been always very successful to advertise department and college as well as help recruitment in Iowa.
- A very important future employment opportunity, Solar and Wind Power Technology, has been included in the curriculum.
- Include Fuel-Cell Technology and Applications as part of EET Curriculum (must be done in near future!)
- Continue to develop strong industry collaboration in all possible ways (senior design projects, IEEE Seminars, guest speakers, etc.)
- EET faculty is now serving as advisor and graduate committee member(s) in Environmental/ Technology programs.