Iowa’s ABET-TAC accredited first 4-year Engineering Technology Program, which may provide upto 65 hours of transfer credits from Iowa Community Colleges including Electronics, Computer, Robotics, Networking Technology, and Electrical Engineering Technology Programs.
Major: BS Degree in Electrical Engineering Technology
Minor: Electrical/Electronics Technology (EET)
The EET Program is a four-year undergraduate program leading to a Bachelor of Science Degree in Electrical Engineering Technology area. The major prepares students for application oriented engineering technology careers in conventional and renewable electrical power, analog/digital electronics, microcomputer, telecommunications, and networking areas. The program begins with a base of introductory classes in math, physics, and computer programming and continues on into practical engineering applications of EET in industrial settings. In addition to the advanced level technical classes with computer simulations, the program is strongly hands-on oriented and includes numerous labs and project experiences.
Unique Program Features
- A friendly environment where you interact on a daily and personal basis with your professors.
- A flexible program offering a wide variety of options and emphases with sufficient rigor to prepare for a productive career in the EET area.
- Individualized hands-on training on state-of-the-art equipment and trainers used in industry.
- Small class sizes make the difference.
- Iowa’s first 4-year BS degree granting Engineering Technology program.
- Excellent part-time job opportunities for EET juniors and seniors in local industries.
- Articulation agreements with Iowa Community Colleges which may provide transfer credits up to 65 semester hours.
- Several annual competitive scholarships
- Program Advisory Board in addition to the Department of Technology Advisory Board
- IEEE active student organization for great leaderships skills and, also other departmental professional organization chapters
- Opportunities for local industry sponsored senior design projects and part-time jobs
- Dedicated departmental student computer labs with continuously updated new software tools
Electrical/Electronics Technology Minor (EET)
This minor is intended to provide knowledge and hands-on skills in Electrical and Electronics Technology. Computer Science, Physics, Technology Education, Technology Management, Manufacturing Technology, Business and many others would be some of the majors that could fit well with the EET minor.