wish to improve their teaching often can benefit from a one-on-one process
with an instructional consultant.
instructional consultant can help faculty:
- Design a course syllabus
- Interpret and draw implications from results
of end-of-course student evaluations
- Examine, and make suggestions for improving,
student assessment instruments (such as quizzes, tests, exams, papers,
projects) and grading practices
- Diagnose leading strategies for
strengthening areas where improvement is needed
- Gather and use student feedback before
mid-term and while the course is still in process and can be changed if
- To arrange for a consultation, or to find
out more about these services, contact the Center at 273-5858 or by email
All consultations are treated confidentially.
Any data provided during the consultation belongs to the faculty member, who
then can choose whether and with whom to share the information.