Extending Your Stay
After participating in a semester study abroad program, it often happens that students want to stay the next semester! This page is designed to help you complete what is needed and properly extend your stay abroad.
These are the people/entities you will want to contact regarding extending your study abroad:
- The UNI Study Abroad Center
- The International Office at the foreign university you're attending
- Your UNI academic advisor
- The UNI Office of Student Financial Aid
- Your parents, guardians, and/or other family and friends
These are the things you will likely need to do/complete extend your stay (not all are applicable in every case):
- A new UNI Study Abroad Online Application for your program and term. To start, click the "Application" button in the top left corner of this page.
- Register online through the Student Center found in MyUniverse. If you have questions or need permission for enrolling for the semester, contact your Study Abroad advisor.
- An admissions application for the foreign university
- A housing application for the foreign university
- Check to see if your International Student ID Card (ISIC) will be valid through the duration of your studies. If your ISIC will expire before the conclusion of your studies, you'll need to first fill out a new ISIC Application found, on the Forms page, and email to the Study Abroad Center. You'll also need to mail a hard copy to our address.
- Change your return airfare and email a copy of your new travel itinerary to SAC.
- Apply for, or renew, your Student Visa/Permit. Depending on your program, this may require a supplemental letter from the Study Abroad Center.