NISG TV on Maucker Union Monitor System
NISG is now taking submissions for the 50 inch public monitors located in Maucker Union. Participation is limited to university-recognized student organizations and departments. Complete guidelines/bylaws are attached below. Please consult both the bylaws and the design guidelines (also attached below) when creating your slides.
To submit a graphic, make sure:
- Image is in .JPG or in Microsoft PowerPoint format
- Image has a 4:3 aspect ratio, and is 1024x768 pixels in size (It will be displayed in 16:9 mode, so it may appear stretched on-screen)
- As a note, NISG doesn’t guarantee the appearance of slides once placed on monitors. See bylaws and regulations for full eligibility of slide placement.
|Maucker Monitor Guidelines 11.30.2010.pdf||29.53 KB|
Usage of Monitors in Maucker Union
Updated as of October 28th, 2009
- Maucker Union provides space for the campus community to display advertising, announcements, and messages in the form of bulletin boards, electronic monitors, table tents, and display cases. University recognized groups/departments and approved non-profit community groups may also advertise.
- Each year, the by-laws for these monitors will be reevaluated by a sub-committee of the Student Affairs Committee. This is to ensure that the by-laws reflect positively on the mission of Maucker Union and university policies, along with student views and opinions on monitor usage.
- Use of the monitors for advertising and other pre-approved purposes is free to all recognized student organizations, university offices, departments, colleges, and divisions.
- NISG does not necessarily endorse messages or views expressed in advertisements.
Criteria for Approval
- The name or logo of the organization must appear on each advertising monitor slide.
- There is a limit of one slide per event, but multiple organizations/departments sponsoring the same event may submit one slide per organization.
- The message of the advertising slide cannot promote consumption of alcoholic beverages or the use of tobacco products or drugs.
- Advertising slides cannot promote credit cards.
- All advertising slides must be in compliance with any and all applicable University of Northern Iowa Policies and Procedures.
- Advertising slides may advertise products or services of a commercial business if they are part of a fundraiser or program for a recognized student organization or campus department. All commercial sales or promotions advertised on the monitors must be sponsored by a recognized student organization or campus department.
- As the content of advertising slides should be primarily focused on the event or message of the sponsoring organization or department, no more than one-third of the message can contain information regarding a commercial sponsor, product, or service
- All advertising slide submissions must follow the Procedure for Approval, as detailed below.
Procedure for Approval of Advertising Slides
- To run an advertising slide on the Maucker Union monitors, organizations/departments must email the desired advertising slide to email@example.com at least three business days before they wish the advertising slide to run on the monitors.
- Included within this email, organizations/departments should include a contact person and their contact information, name of the organization or department, the name of the event, and the requested dates to run the advertising slide.
- All advertising slides should be in jpeg format, and should be titled under name of organization and event (e.g. NISGGreenWeek.jpeg)
- Upon receiving advertising slide requests, the NISG Office Manager will contact organizations/departments if there is an issue with the requested slide.
- The NISG Office Manager will manage the submission and posting process for all monitor slides, according to the criteria in these By-Laws. Any questions regarding the application of these criteria in specific cases will be addressed by the Student Affairs Committee of the NISG Senate.
- Advertising slides will only be allowed to run for a period of (up to) two weeks without resubmission and will be removed once the event has transpired.
- If an organization/department wishes to run an advertising slide for longer than two weeks, the slide must be resubmitted to firstname.lastname@example.org
- NISG does not and will not alter images. They are displayed as submitted.
- NISG does not and will not guarantee the appearance (readability, cut-offs, discoloration, etc.) of images. It is highly encouraged that organizations/departments wishing to advertise read through the Design Guidelines available on the NISG website (www.uni.edu/nisg')
Procedure for Approval of Advertising Slides
These by-laws are to be reviewed, and possibly revised, annually by the Student Affairs Committee, and approved by the NISG Senate no later than November 1st of each academic year.