The 2015 NISG Elections
The 2015 NISG Elections are about to begin! Check out the timeline below for a complete overview of the elections beginning in February.
- February 6 - Campaign Packets are available in the NISG Office
- February 9 - Campaigning officially begins at 8 AM
- February 13 - Campaign packets are due (return to the NISG Office)
- February 17 - Presidential Debate (Maucker Union)
- February 24 - Voting polls open at 7 AM on MyUniverse
- February 25 - Polls close at 7 PM
- Election resuls announced in Maucker Union at 9 PM
All election documents are available for public viewing upon setting up an appointment with the NISG Election Commission. Please contact Nathan Davis (email@example.com) with questions (2015).
Election Dates and Times
February 24th and February 25th
Election polls open at 7 AM on Tuesday, February 24th and close at 7 PM. on Wednesday, February 25th, 2015.
Formal campaigning may begin Monday, February 9th at 8 AM sharp.
**All individuals interested in running for an office should carefully review the NISG Election Rules. The complete set of Election Rules is available for download below.
In addition to the offices of student body president and vice president, the following senate seats are open for 2015 election:
- College of Business Administration: 4 Seats
- College of Education: 4 Seats
- College of Humanities, Arts, and Sciences: 6 Seats
- College of Social and Behavioral Sciences: 3 Seats
- Graduate College: 3 Seats
- Undecided, General Studies, Interdisciplinary, no college: 1 Seat
The 2015 official election ballot will be posted on Febrauary 16:
**See below for information about how to run a write-in campaign.
Presidential and Vice Presidential Candidates:
College of Business Administration Senate Candidates:
College of Education Senate Candidates:
College of Humanities, Arts, and Sciences Senate Candidates:
College of Social and Behavioral Sciences Senate Candidates:
Graduate College Senate Candidates:
Undecided/General Studies/Interdisciplinary/No College Senate Candidates:
Presidential Debate Information
There will be an NISG Open Forum with all candidates on February 17th (time TBD) in the Maucker Union Coffee House.
Debate Format: TBD
Election Packet Information
All candidates must complete an NISG Election Application to be placed on the official election ballot. Applications are due at 5 PM on February 13, 2015. Packets may be turned in to the NISG Office (111 Plaza Level Maucker Union). (Applications can be found attached below).
Applications must include a completed signatures petition (The petition packet is also attached). The signature requirements are as follows:
- College of Business Administration: 25 signatures
- College of Education: 25 signatures
- College of Humanities, Arts, and Sciences: 25 signatures
- College of Social and Behavioral Sciences: 25 signatures
- Graduate College: 25 signatures
- Undecided/General Studies: 25 signatures
- President/Vice President Candidacy: 150 signatures
A minimum 25 signatures must be from each of the 6 above categories.
Write-in Campaign Information
Candidates wishing to run for an office, but who failed to complete the necessary steps to appear on the official ballot may run a write-in campaign. All write-in candidates need their name to appear in at least 5 ballots to be eligible for a senate seat.
|NISG Signature Petition.docx||42.58 KB|
|2015 Election Application Packet.docx||873.17 KB|
|Election Rules.docx||89.8 KB|
|A Quick Guide to Campaigning.docx||33.16 KB|
|A Quick Guide to NISG Campaign Finances.docx||30.87 KB|