Institutional Matching Funds Program
The goal of the Institutional Matching Funds program, administered by the Office of Research and Sponsored Programs, is to further promote research and scholarly/creative activity on campus by supporting principal investigators/project directors (PIs/PDs) who are pursuing external funding where matching funds are required or are necessary to be competitively successful.
In all cases, PIs/PDs should first approach their department(s) or unit(s) (research center, etc.) and then their dean(s) for matching fund commitments. Proposals with partial matching fund commitments from these and/or other sources are more likely to gain additional matching funds from the UNI Matching Funds Program.
The following types of requests for matching funds will be accepted:
Requests for sponsored projects submitted to competitive, merit-reviewed programs where matching funds are:
1) required as an indication of institutional commitment, or
2) requests where a matching fund commitment is not specified as required, but deemed necessary to be competitively successful.
How to Request Matching Funds:
To ensure funding consideration, matching funds requests should be submitted at least four weeks prior to the proposal due date. Procedures for requesting matching funds are as follows:
1. Contact your RSP Grant Specialist to assist in development of a budget and for guidance on preparing a matching funds request.
2. Request matching funds from department chairs/heads of units, and deans first. Reflect their level of commitment on the matching funds application
3. Complete the Institutional Matching Funds Request Form and submit it to the Assistant Provost for Research and Sponsored Programs (mail code 0394).