NSF Major Instrumentation Program (MRI) – Internal Deadline Nov. 5
Due to the limit on the number of proposals institutions may submit to NSF's Major Instrumentation Program (MRI), OSP will conduct an internal selection of UNI proposals. Those interested must submit summary materials for their proposed projects by the internal deadline of November 5, 2012; see instructions below. OSP will convene a committee to review and select the proposals to be put forth.
Institutional submission limit: 3 proposals (2 acquisition and 1 development)
Internal Deadline: 12:00 noon on Monday, November 5, 2012.
Instructions: Review the NSF MRI program solicitation carefully. Proposed projects must fit the program guidelines. We encourage you to contact the NSF program director to verify your project's suitability or answer any questions about your project prior to submitting proposals for the internal selection. Any information from NSF program directors should accompany your pre-proposal.
Internal reviewers will be using the following review criteria: UNI NSF MRI Review Form.
Include the following components in your Internal NSF MRI Pre-Proposal:
1) Cover Sheet
- Complete NSF MRI Pre-Proposal Cover Sheet
- PI/PD and Department Head signatures required
2) Project Narrative (5-page limit, not including references cited)
- Listing of all PIs, Co-PIs and senior personnel who will be primary users of the instrumentation. For each person, describe their roles and responsibilities
- Description of equipment to be requested
- Brief descriptions of primary research projects that will be enhanced by acquisition of equipment, including the level of student involvement in each project and the sources of funding (current or planned submissions) that support the research
- One paragraph summarizing the Intellectual Merit of the proposal
- One paragraph describing the Broader Impacts of the proposal
- Discussion of how the equipment will enhance research and research training at UNI
- Justification of need
- Description of secondary UNI users, collaborations, outside users
Note: If you are re-submitting an NSF MRI proposal, please include reviewer comments from your previous submission. Include up to 1 additional page outlining plans for addressing reviewer comments.
- Please complete NSF Biosketch template
- 2-page limit per person
- Please fill out NSF Current and Pending template
Submit summaries to: firstname.lastname@example.org Include "NSF MRI" in the subject line.
Selection Notification: by 5:00 p.m. Friday, November 16. (Full proposal deadline: Thursday, January 24, 2013)
If you have questions or would like to learn more about the NSF MRI program, please contact Sarah Bridges at 3-6482 or email@example.com.