Internal Deadline: NSF Major Instrumentation Program (MRI) – December 5
Due to the limit on the number of proposals institutions may submit to NSF's Major Instrumentation Program (MRI), OSP will conduct an internal selection of UNI proposals. Those interested must submit summary materials for their proposed projects by the internal deadline of December 5, 2011; see instructions below. OSP will convene a committee to review and select the proposals to be put forth.
Institutional submission limit: 3 proposals (2 acquisition and 1 development)
Internal Deadline: 5:00 p.m. Monday, December 5, 2011.
Instructions: Please submit a three-page summary of your proposed project that includes the following sections:
Personnel and Budget
- Listing of all PIs, Co-PIs and senior personnel who will be primary users of the instrumentation. For each person, describe the roles, responsibilities and plan for funding research/projects that will be enabled by the instrumentation.
- an estimated total project cost
- indicate if this is an acquisition or development project
- a description of the requested equipment
- how the equipment will enhance research and research training at UNI
- a justification of the need
- any additional secondary users
If you are re-submitting an NSF MRI proposal, please include reviewer comments from your previous submission and a paragraph describing how you plan to address those comments in your resubmission.
Review the NSF MRI program solicitation carefully. Proposed projects must fit the program guidelines. We encourage you to contact the NSF program director to verify your project's suitability or answer any questions about your project prior to submitting proposals for the internal selection. Any information from NSF program directors should accompany your three-page summary.
Submit summaries to: firstname.lastname@example.org Include "NSF MRI" in the subject line.
Selection Notification: by 5:00 p.m. Tuesday, December 13. (Full proposal deadline: Thursday, January 26, 2012)
If you have questions or would like to learn more about the NSF MRI program, please contact Sarah Bridges at 3-6482 or email@example.com.