When are ARRA reports due?
Section 1512 of the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act requires recipient reporting to be submitted 10 calendar days after the end of each calendar quarter. The first deadline was October 10, 2009.
What needs to be reported?
The Office of Research and Sponsored Programs will be required to report the following:
- total amount of recovery funds awarded from each federal agency
- the amount of recovery funds received that were expended or obligated to projects or activities including:
- a description of the project or activity
- an evaluation of the completion status of the project or activity
- an estimate of the number of jobs created and the number of jobs retained by the project or activity
- detailed information on any subcontracts or subagreements awarded by the recipient to include data elements required to comply with the Federal Funding Accountability and Transparency Act of 2006.
What do PI/PDs need to know about ARRA funding and reporting?
Information required from PI/PDs
- Brief description of project
- Provide quarterly updates on project completion status
- Timely submission of required information
PI/PDs should be aware of the following when managing ARRA funds:
- Funds should be spent appropriately and quickly
- Monitor acounts on a monthly basis
- Avoid large unexpended balances at project end dates
- Carry forward of unexpended funds might not be allowed
- Start up periods during new projects need to be accelerated
- Hire new personnel as quickly as possible
Detailed information on reporting can be found at www.recovery.gov.